Passport to Paradise Official Contest Rules
1. The Passport to Paradise Contest (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years-of-age or older. Each entrant may complete only one (1) entry per person. Registrations for the Contest will be collected via the AM 560 The Answer mobile phone application from Monday, January 22, 2018 at 12:00 AM through Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. In order to register, entrants must open the mobile application and click on the “register to win” icon which will prompt the entrant to enter all required information to enter the Contest. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Illinois, LLC, licensee of WIND(AM) (AM 560 The Answer) (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner of the Contest. On Monday, February 13, 2018 after 9:00AM CST the Grand Prize winner will be drawn via random selection from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of selection. The winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within three (3) days of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prize voucher will be awarded as soon as all required proof and documentation is received. The Grand Prize winner has until February 16, 2018 to redeem the prize from Apple Vacations. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Radio Station is not responsible for entries which Radio Station does not receive due to technological/server error.
3. There is one (1) Grand Prize: a seven (7) night vacation for two (2) individuals, twenty-one (21) years-of-age or older to Riviera May, Mexico, including: (i) round trip airfare from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to the Cancun International Airport departing April 21, 2018 and returning April 28, 2018; (ii) baggage handling; (iii) resort transfers to and from the destination’s airport; (iv) double-occupancy junior suite at the adults-only Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun resort; (v) services of an Apple Vacations representative while at the resort; (vii) all meals, drinks, gratuities, and certain other activities available for no charge at the hotel, with an approximate retail value of $3,334. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Grand Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner must contact and provide travel details to Apple Vacations no later than Friday, February 16, 2018. Both travelers must have a valid U.S. passport at the time of travel. Any changes in flights, cancellations of flights, or rebooking of tickets will be at the expense of the winner. Transportation to and from O’Hare International Airport will be the responsibility of the winner. Any additional fees incurred while in Riviera May or the Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun resort, including spa access, are at the expense of the winner. All taxes and/or ancillary fees associated with the Grand Prize are also the responsibility of the winner, including the mandatory destination taxes and fuel surcharge of $282 per person, baggage fee for one (1) checked bag of $66 per person, and the optional insurance of $104.99 per person.
4. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decision of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decision shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent company and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
5. To find out the winner of the Contest, send your e-mail request to email@example.com or look for the winner's name posted on the Radio Station web site once the name has become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.